Monday, January 7, 2013

Clean and Amazing!

One of my organizing missions during my 2 week vacation was to tackle the bathroom.  This definitely was never one of my favorite tasks... but it HAD to be done!  I have been frustrated with several cleaning products which claimed to "clean" but it seemed to always fail!  Until now...

I wanted to clean the grout on the floor... which at one point I *embarrassed* thought was brown.  Apparently, after cleaning it, it was originally white!  YUCK!  I used the Clorox toilet cleaner with bleach and used a cheap electric toothbrush which you can find at Target for about $5 - $6.  Nothing fancy.  I basically squirt the toilet cleaner on the floor and let it soak for about 5 minutes.  I would do small sections at a time so that I can get on my knees and scrub.  Without much effort (because the toothbrush did the spinning), I was done with the floors in under 2 hours.  I must confess, I took long breaks in between!  I was impressed with the results and I'd sure use this trick again when I need to.

The second thing I cleaned was the shower glass.  I tried all those sprays that claim to remove hard water stains... and I still haven't found success.  I was walking around Target and found a Lysol toilet bowl cleaner that removes lime and rust (black bottle). I really liked using the toilet cleaner when I cleaned the grout because it was gel-like rather than watery.  I figured the gel will stay on the glass and coat it; rather than just to drip down like water.  I squirt some on the glass and let it sit for about 5 minutes.  I squeezed in some HGTV while I cleaned the bathroom and waited for the gel to sit on the glass.  It motivated me to clean!  Again, I used the electric toothbrush to "scrub" the Lysol on the glass... and Voila! Squeaky clean!  I also used some glass cleaner to clean both the inside and outsides of the glass to make it extra spotless.  I was amazed!



Here's a video to show you the squeaky clean glass in action.


This was too cool not to share! I hope you learned something.  If you have questions or would like to share your thoughts or cleaning tips, feel free to comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment