Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!


I look back on 2012 and this quote was so fitting.  Wow, it was a trying year!  Despite the challenges I have faced (and I'm sure I'm not the only one!), I know I have learned and grown because of those challenges.

2012.  My one big accomplishment is that fell flat on my face and realized that owning a business is difficult.  Yes, I call that an accomplishment because if I didn't stop to realize that... I think the turnout would have been worse.  The problem is that I am too ambitious when I set my mind to something... nothing wrong with being too ambitious, right?  Except when you bite more than you can chew; all you're doing is chewing and not enjoying!

The business itself was not going bad... in fact, it was going "so well" that I forgot how to manage my time.  I forgot about myself and my relationships with others because I was so "caught up" with catching up. I was trying to meet all deadlines while maintaining focus on my regular job.  By the fourth quarter... I'd about quit because I felt burnt out... exhausted... lost and forgotten.  Joey and I decided to take a break from taking orders... we hid from "extra work".  Wow!  That's a horrible business model!  But if we didn't, we would still be battling with the same issues - time.  After taking a long break during the fourth quarter and enjoying the holidays... we had lots of long conversations about where life (including the business) was headed...  All I have to say is that I'm glad it's 2013 and I'm truly excited about the possibilities that will come this year. :)   

Despite it all, I'm so proud of the work that we have done with every client in 2012. We are truly grateful for your business!  

...yes, the business continues... but this time with a clearer vision. 

I dedicate part of this blog to show the world a little part of me - the entrepreneur, teacher, friend, a human trying to make it in this huge world.

Follow me on my journey to wherever this life takes me!

Here's to a happy 2013, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment