Friday, January 11, 2013

Living Room Decor




I am drawn to red, turquoise/teal, and yellow around the house.  I've been hanging onto these color swatches on my Pinterest Board for a while!  I use it to give me color focus around the house.  If I didn't do that, I think I'd have a circus themed house... although, that doesn't sound too bad either? :)




I love pillows!  I can sleep with tons and tons of pillows.  I cuddle with the fluff of each pillow until they find their way to the floor some time during the night.  Despite that, I love pillows and I know they love me!  I'm thinking of getting these pillow covers from ElemenOPillows or something similar.  I just can't decide!  I'm in search for modern patterns that would spruce up my living room. 

via Ikea


My living room walls are cream to pale yellow.  I have no intentions of painting my walls at this time; but adding color around the room will help brighten the dullness.  My sofa (which I like to refer to as the bouch*) is red.  I purchased this from Ikea a couple years ago with a red cover.  I love the brightness in the red!


Ikea Rug

via Ikea

I also purchased this rug from Ikea.

What do you think?  We have some shelves to paint, frames to work on, and other little frills.  What colors do you have for your home?  What do you put in your home to accessorize? I'd love to hear your thoughts or a hello.

*bouch (n.) a word referred to as a sofa bed; also known as, bed + couch.




No comments:

Post a Comment