Saturday, January 12, 2013

Just Be

Just Be 
I'm not a calligrapher; nor do I claim to be one.  As a kid, I always wanted to dip a pen into ink!  My wish was granted today with my new calligraphy pen...

Do you find yourself writing words and doodling with letters when you're on the phone?  I think that's a habit I have formed since who knows when!  I just like letters and the letter form.  There's something about writing letters that is relaxing to me.

Since we are in the age of computers, I seem to find myself writing less and typing more.  Calligraphy and cursive hopefully won't join the dinosaurs just yet!  It's such an awesome form of art that I think everyone should learn.  I teach cursive to my students and as much as people say you'll never use cursive... we'll... it's good to learn how for the sake of the craft, if nothing else.


I wrote "just be" as I was practicing and thought I'd share.  It's not perfect, but I did enjoy my hour of just writing.  I think I would have kept going if only I didn't break the nib!  Time for a new replacement :)

So today... enjoy and just be.


No comments:

Post a Comment