Wednesday, March 26, 2014

129 Days from now I'll be a Mrs....something?


image via Saville


To change my name or not?  How many of you opt to keep your name?  Since I'm getting married at a "later age", everything pretty much has my last name.  From the library books that I've purchased for my classroom to my teaching credential, college transcripts and so forth.  I feel like I have established my career with my name.

 However, I don't want to raise (my) kids and have a different last name from them.  I'm just having visions of historical chaos and families having to line up by last name and my entire family is lined up without me.  I'm sure I've watched too many movies that have corrupted my mind.  From a teacher's stand point, it happens more often than not.  Many of my students have different last names from their moms... It's cultural or by choice.  Even though it's common in my classroom, it's still a little odd for me.  Something I'm not sure how to address them... they are married so they are a Mrs... but Mrs. what?  or is that Ms.?

I can always hyphenate but it'll just make my name so much longer!  It is an option that I'm leaning towards but am still unsure.

What would you do?  To change your name or not to change your name?  Or hyphenate?!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment