Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Surprise!

photo credit: Crystal Hong

Ok, so, I did said I would tell you what the secret is... but... I kind of got a little busy. Yes, lame excuse, unacceptable... but it is the truth.  Forgive me?  Ok, if you're still reading, I guess I'm forgiven... right?

So, here it goes...



On Friday, April 19, I was... well ambushed by, none other than, Joey.  If you haven't figured it out, Joey isn't just my business partner.  He is my partner-in-crime, let's-get-into-trouble-and-start-a-business-together-boyfriend.  After 5 years and 7 months (well roughly, because we still can't seem to establish the "establish date" and so we don't exactly celebrate anniversaries), he took me to one of our (read: my) favorite places in the world... DISNEYLAND!  (If you don't like Disneyland, you may not like me... well, maybe you still will and just tolerate me!)  I thought it was just an ordinary TGIF-we-don't-have-work-tomorrow kind of night.  We arrived at Disneyland and it was the usual thing.  We met up with friends at the same location where we always do - New Orleans Square, where one of our friends works as an amazing caricature artist.  If you personally know me, I tend to be in, well... ConfuseLand (it's when my logic isn't always working).  Somehow, I ended up in one of the seats to be drawn because apparently it was a gift for my birthday.  Ok, sure, why not? 

When all is said and done... I was speechless....it was an amazing illustration... but I was more... confused.  He put the ring in front of my face... all I can think of was, is this for real? I want to see it on my finger so give it to me now.  Little did I know, there was a question attached to "trying on the ring".  Somehow I muttered, "yes" while still being a little (ok, really, really) confused.  Two or three hours later... at dinner, was when it all started to sink in... I was engaged to the best thing that ever happened to me!

photo credit: Crystal Hong 

  
photo credit: Crystal Hong

photo credit: Joey Paragas



No comments:

Post a Comment